Sunday, February 28, 2010

Get a Taste of Me

Get your tongues back in your heads, you pervs, and hie yourselves over to The Samhellion, where you can download a free short story, "Happy Valentine's Ghost," set in the Lions' Pride universe. If you've read the book, it's another taste of Maggie the snarky ghost, who learns that death doesn't mean you've missed out on love.

While you're there, check out some of the other great authors who've offered February freebies. You might find new favorites.

* * *

In other news, I'm sick again. Or still. Or something. I swear I haven't been quite right since H1N1 and I had our fling this fall. This time it's a cough that won't die, but won't mutate into bronchitis either. It's not that I want bronchitis. It's that in theory if I had bronchitis, I could get antibiotics that might knock it out of my system; since it's viral, I'm stuck with treating the symptoms.

The good news is I'm catching up on my reading a bit and making progress on the baby blanket for my friend A's baby. The latter is a good thing, since Mr. Baby may arrive, oh, any time now. Writing on codeine is...interesting. The current WIP is weird enough that, at least in draft, it's almost working. I'm pretty sure what I wrote yesterday is missing a few key elements, such as conjunctions and linearity, but we can add the conjunctions in draft 2 and since I'm dealing with trickster magic, the lack of linearity might be a feature. Or not. I'll worry about that in about another 15,000 words.

* * *
In cheerier mundane news, Himself has a functional computer again and the seeds I planted the other day are sprouting. Yay beginning of gardening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home