Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just what the doctor ordered...

A brilliant post on writing and joy here , although I found the link to it on Dayle's journal (see my sidebar if you're not already reading her, and if you're not, what's your problem, people?)

Life's been slow here, fighting a bug that won't die, but I got another story drafted. It was about half done and appeared stalled, but yesterday evening, about the time I should have been dragging my sorry sick ass to bed, it bit me and I wrote 1500 words and finished it.

Of course by that time my body was exhausted but my brain was AWAKE DAMMIT, so I was jarred from sleep at 4 a.m. with a mostly formed plot for an erotic paranormal novella. I probably should have leaped out of bed and started writing, since I was convinced I had the characters' voices and everything, and in the cold light of day (and I do mean cold, my friends-it's finally winter) I've just got the bare outline of a plot. But considering how many projects I've got in the cue already, it's probably just as well I didn't let myself get sucked into another one immediately.

I promise a real, thoughtful update sometime. Then I keep promising that and not following through, don't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home