Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bummer!

I was pretty excited about the Best Lesbian Erotica 2009 reading today. The readings at Good Vibrations don't usually draw a huge audience, but they're always fun.
Until I woke up to 6 inches of snow and more falling. I don't live that far from Boston--it's about 40 minutes on a good day--but in a blinding snow storm? Not the best idea. It's one thing to drive on a quiet road in the snow, but Route 95 is anything but quiet. You see, it's not the snow itself that scares me (I learned to drive in the Finger Lakes of central New York, where this would be a pleasant winter day, and Jeff spent years in New Hampshire.) It's the other drivers.
And the fact the town still hasn't plowed our road.
I hope none of you ventured out into the snow in hopes of hearing me read. If you did, I apologize.
And I hope you bought a book to thank the braver writers who ventured out in this mess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home