Sunday, December 21, 2008


Rain at Midsummer is now available at Phaze.

This is a delightful surprise to me since I thought it was coming out 12/29, but Phaze decided not to do releases that week, when most people are in post-Giftmas shell shock.

I'm proud of this novella. It fought me a lot as I wrote it because I'd started out wanting it to be a light and sweet spanking romance with sex magic, something along the lines of Lady Sun Has Risen which is set in the same world. But the characters had other ideas. Escaped slave Jaenna has some tough issues to deal with as she tries to build a new life as a free woman in a very different culture from the male-dominated nomadic society she grew up in. Nikos has just had his life plans turned upside down when his older brother's death made him the lord of a remote rural estate instead of the younger son who might be able to "escape" the land and try his hand at life in the Imperial capital. And when they meet, both of them have some underlying assumptions about reality challenged.

And that's before they start falling in love...or learn they can literally work magic together....

Excerpt to come!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cover!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

I was thrilled with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home