Monday, February 26, 2007

A red-letter day



I was going to post about getting ready to go to Oregon, the excitement and the nerves and what will be happening there. But I'm saving that for another day because I'm gonna brag instead!

Three stories accepted today! (Which gives me the feeling of accomplishment I needed on a day when, while I got a lot done, very little of it was actual writing. Trip prep? Check Running around trying to find a FedEx center? Check. Taking care of some business-related stuff that needed to get done, oh, now? Check. Getting my desk cleaned up enough from the last project that I can start the next one? Check. Actual writing? About 200 words.)



So on to the bragging!

Two--one Teresa Noelle Roberts, one Sophie Mouette--will be appearing in a Black Lace anthology of paranormal erotica and erotic romance. I'm very excited about these, because I love paranormal, but finding a good market for short paranormal erotica isn't easy. No cover for this one yet, but I'll post it when it becomes available.





The third story is a bit of a departure for me thematically--sexy cowboys. Now, cowboys are kind of a fixture in romance and erotica, and certainly in erotic romance, but they're not really my territory. I'm a child of the northeast, where even in rural areas there are no wide open spaces. (I've never seen a landscape like the one on the gorgeous book cover in real life, except in central Spain. Except there, you'd have a castle in the background.) Still, I had a lot of fun writing the story, thinking of a twist on the cowboy theme. Just think John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara--and yours truly not being able to resist turning the classics upside down and inside out.
More details here.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger ktbuffy said...

Congrats! Will look forward to reading them. We've got one in the paranormal anthology too. Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home