Sunday, April 10, 2011

I told you I'd do a real poem today


Surrender

With you as my strong tower, my walls
Of stone to keep out the world, I feel safe
To be smaller, softer. But even stone
Can grow weary, and we have both
Let ourselves forget that I am not small by nature.
Rest in me. I am not a castle, defensive
Against all comers. I am strong
Like the sheltering depths of the ocean,
The warm, dark earth that nurtures seedlings,
A quiet forest where all the animals
Keep their fierce distance. I am wilderness,
Strange but open hearted. If in me
You can find freedom or quiet,
A place to turn stone back to flesh,
Then lay claim to my wild heart
And make my wilderness your garden.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem, I really enjoyed reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home