Sunday, August 12, 2007

So much and so little

It's been several weeks since I posted, but I've felt rather at a loss for words. (Comical for a writer, no?)

Pleasant things have happened. I've received contributor copies of E is for Exotic, F is for Fetish, and H is for Hardcore (two stories in that one, since Sophie and Teresa share the TOC). I've had a few more stories accepted, including a romance novella at Phaze. (Actually that was accepted before RWA, but until I got the contract and read it to make sure it didn't contain any red flags, I wasn't going to publicize it too much.) I've finished a couple of short stories and have kept plugging away at my sexy lions.

They've been misbehaving, my lions, and I don't mean in a fun way. I mean the characters keep wanting to have long conversations that would probably be useful if they were, in real life, trying to set up a healthy poly relationship. However, this is a dark and violent paranormal romance and before they can really try to set up a healthy relationship, they need to get through some of the dark and the violent: to save one of the characters, get another one in proper control of his shapeshifting, get our heroine comfortable with some of her darker magics...

I'm not deleting anything. It may all be useful somewhere, in some form. Just not where it is and not so much of it!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Anne Tourney said...

Congratulations on the new novella and the flock of new stories!

I love shapeshifting tales. And I'm really intrigued by the idea of blending the psychological and physical transformations of shapeshifting with the complexities of a poly relationship. I'm sure those long conversations will become very useful to you in developing your characters. Even if you don't end up using all the material, I think those emotional negotiations will lend depth to your characters, and that depth will come through in the final version.

Of course you can have a spanking ;). This misbehavior seems to be contagious . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home