Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's Alive!

Cat Scratch Fever is in bookstores in the US. There have been verified sightings (and purchases!) Dayle has signed some copies in her area. Alas, I've been sick all week and haven't had a chance to get to my local bookstores.

* * *
Today I start a part-time job doing data entry. Ah, the glamour of the writer's life!

I love my job, love putting words together, love the thrill when people read and like my work. I am amazingly grateful I have the chance to write as close to full-time as I do, to spend so much time on work that, much of the time, feels more like play. (The marketing end not so much...) But I'm certainly not in it for the fabulously high pay, and at the moment, sacrificing 12 hours a week of writing time (at least some of which can be squeezed from "running errands/doing housework/farting around because my brain needed a break" time) for a little less financial stress is worth it. It may not be forever, but will be now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home