Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching up

My goodness, where have I been the past two weeks? Finishing up the draft of what used to be The Longest Night but is now A Satyr for Midwinter, because too many people commented the former sounded like it might involve zombies, not romance and hot sex with a supernatural being. Enjoying the most amazing fireworks display I've ever seen, except for all the previous years' Jaffrey Fireworks Festivals, with a group of good friends. (Seriously, if you love fireworks and are anywhere near New Hampshire, mark the 2011 date on your calendar now and make plans to be there. Looking for a day job. Doing a few vacationy type things, like going to the beach.

And buying a new car (2010 Hyundai Accent, if you're curious)--my first brand-new car ever! The lousy economy has one good facet; the salesman was willing to make a major deal to get the thing off his lot, since the 2011s are already the "current year." It sounds like a crazy thing to do when I'm out of work, but our old vehicle was on its last legs and we were already planning to bite the bullet and buy a new-to-us car. The deal was such it actually made sense to buy brand-new than to go over all creation looking for the right used car and paying a much higher rate for financing.

Today, though, I'm back to the enjoyable grind of writing and promo. Watch this space in a few minutes for more on the promo side of things.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Pia Veleno said...

Hi dear! I love my Hyundai Elantra. Congrats on your first NEW car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home