Monday, January 21, 2008

It's a draft!

The draft of Lion's Pride is done!

It's 104,000 words long, which is WAY longer than it needs to be, and it's rambling and awkward and has one whole subplot that I abandoned and should probably root out, and the ending is kind of lame because the black moment and last fight scene took so much out of me that I sketched the ending and will rewrite it later. (Repeat after me: You can't revise a blank page, but you can revise crap.)

In honor of this moment, I give you my heroes. Jude (as played by Keith Hamilton Cobb) is the big chocolate god; Rafe (as played by Mark DaCascos) is the graceful Native American gentleman.

Alas, I won't be able to enter this in the Stroke of Midnight contest. Turns out my paranormal short stories mean I'm "previously published in the genre." Oh well, such is life.




In other news, I got my first review of Lady Sun. Not an "OH MY GOD BEST BOOK EVER" review, but she was hot for my hero and the love story, which was kind of the point. It was one of those stories where I had a hot alpha hero and the rest of the story fell into place around him. (Unusual for me; I'm usually more about the heroine's journey.)

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Congrats on Lion's Pride!

As for that review...the reviewer writes like a 12-year-old. I got no sense of the story at all. Sheez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home